Harvest Launceston Community Farmers' Market has won the prestigious Tasprint Community Group of the Year Award at the 2020 Tasmanian Community Achievement Awards and was presented by Lydia Andrews, Business & Operations Manager, Tasprint.
Harvest Launceston Community Farmers' Market won the Award from a strong field of community contributors.
The winners were announced on Friday 6th November during an Online Awards Presentation with Peter Murphy, 7 Tasmania Personality as the MC for the evening.
Harvest Launceston Community Farmers' Market is a not-for-profit that has grown to become the premier destination in Tasmania for sourcing local produce. Established in 2012, Harvest is led by a 10-member volunteer Board, a management team of three, and more than 160 registered volunteers. In 2020, Harvest transformed, reinvented and sustained a local community event from a weekly Saturday morning farmer’s market on asphalt to an online platform that generated more than $220,000 amid the pandemic crisis. On Mother’s Day, Harvest worked with a local cycling club for a flower delivery drive. They saw over $4,000 in sales and donated delivery fees to the Benevolent Society.
The eight category winners are:
- Leigh Higgins - Heather & Christopher Chong Outstanding Achiever Award
- Tasmanian Women in Agriculture - Fonterra Australia Agriculture Award
- Harvest Launceston Community Farmers Market - Tasprint Community Group of the Year Award
- Neville Smith Forest Products Pty Ltd - EPA Sustainability Award
- Judy Huett - MAIB Disability Achievement Award
- East Coast Cruises - Prime Super Business Achievement Award
- Community Care Tasmania - Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Surf Life Saving Tasmania - Get Moving Tasmania Physical Activity Award
Winners each received either $1,000 from Bentleys Advisors, Accountants, Auditors or a Southern Cross Austereo Airtime package, plus a trophy.
Harvest Launceston Community Farmers Market was announced as the People’s Choice Award Winner and received an accommodation package from The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel.
Further information about Harvest Launceston Community Farmers' Market can be obtained by phoning the Awards office on 03 6234 9677 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tasmanian Community Achievement Awards began in 2007, and are designed to encourage, acknowledge and reward the valuable contributions individuals, communities, and businesses are making throughout Tasmania.